On the 8th of September 1841 George Preston (who had been under Master for many years as well as usher) died suddenly! He was succeeded by the Revd T.W. Weare of Ch. Ch. Oxford who was elected from Westminster about
11 9 years before.
A neat tablet was put up in the Cloisters by permission of the Dean & Chapter, by a voluntary subscription of the T.B. & Q.S. Of £1 each. The tablet however only cost £26 & part of the money was returned to each subscriber. The Latin inscription was written by Williamson, the head master.
W.G. Andrewes Prin. Opp.